We would like to assure all visitors that the safety of our customers and staff is paramount. At the moment, our doors are open for business, and we will do what we can to keep it that way, allowing you access to our beautiful botanical collection, garden centre and café.
Our pledge to you is:
- Any member of staff feeling unwell – even with minor illnesses such as a mild cough or cold – have been asked to stay at home
- All staff have been asked to regularly use hand sanitizer throughout the day
- 70% alcohol sterilizing hand gel dispensers are available in the main corridors and at the tills for all to use
- All door handles will be sprayed with anti-bacterial spray at regular intervals throughout the day
- All public events being held at Batsford have been cancelled from now until the end of June (this decision will be revised in June), including our regular Tots’ Forest School sessions
- Staff have been asked to respect each other’s and our visitors’ personal space in-line with the Government’s advice on social distancing
- We will be opening up our ‘fast track’ system, giving our visitors the option to bypass the main building and enter the arboretum directly via a side entrance – you will need an online pre-paid ticket to do so, or a valid Batsford membership card etc
- We will offer a free delivery service for gardening goods within a 10-mile radius of Batsford. Orders can be taken and paid for over the phone by calling us on 01386 700409 (select option 1 for the Plant Centre or option 3 for the Garden Shop)
Please may we ask you to protect our staff and other visitors by:
- Refraining from visiting Batsford if you have a cough, cold or any other minor illness
- Paying by contactless card payment, where possible
- Using our free sterilizing hand gel dispensers
- Washing hands thoroughly with soap and water when using the public facilities
- Following Government guidelines on social distancing and respecting other peoples’ personal space
The latest government information on Coronavirus can be found on the Department for Health and Social Care’s website HERE
We will continue to monitor the situation and take Government advice.
Many thanks for your anticipated help and understanding during these difficult times.
Director of Operations
The Batsford Foundation