The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- -a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
If you run a business in Gloucestershire and would like to speak to a business advisor, please click here
As the Local Enterprise Partnership for Gloucestershire, GFirst LEP along with our Growth Hub Network are committed to supporting Gloucestershire businesses in these unprecedented times.
We have produced a business survey that asks how the Coronavirus outbreak is affecting your business and what specific help your business needs. This important information will then be swiftly shared with Government departments.
Please take a moment to fill in the survey by clicking here.