If you are thinking of taking that short break or holiday and you are wondering where to go, then realise that you might be missing a sporting event that matters to you, then worry not, Chipping Campden will be just that ideal place as nearly all our hotels and pubs have in-house screens for just that special moment.
Key Sports Events in 2023
Here are just a few that may be important to you, and that you don’t want to miss.
First up, the Six Nations Rugby Championship, due to kick off on the 4th February with a cracker of a fixture between Wales and Ireland in Cardiff. For more information and fixtures click here.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is the foremost event in the jump racing calendar. This is the one that every owner, trainer, jockey and punter wants to win. Starting on March 14th and finishing with Gold Cup day on 17th March, St. Patrick’s day. For more information click here.
The Grand National Festival is held, as always, at Aintree Liverpool starting on 13th May and ending with the National on 15th The whole world stops to watch this race. From the length of the course to the capacity of the crowd – this is an event of grand proportions, and what about those hats!!! For more details click here.
The Football Association Cup (FA Cup) Final. Held at Wembley Stadium, kick off at 3pm on June 3rd. Will your team be there? This is the first of football’s great sporting occasions and is viewed by all as organised football’s founding father. Learn more about it here.
Wimbledon, The Championships 2023 will take place from 3rd July 2023 to 16th July this year. One of the great “slams” of the tennis world. Staged at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon since the 1870s. For New balls please click here.
- The Ashes – This Iconic competition between England and Australia. The term originated after the 1882 defeat at the Oval, Australia’s first win on English soil, when it was reported that “English cricket had died, the “body” cremated and taken to Australia”, the following year in Australia, the English captain vowed to “regain those Ashes”. The first test of 5 matches will be at Edgbaston, Birmingham 16th to 20th. For more match information click here.
There are many more of these sporting fixtures, throughout 2023 and more details of men’s and women’s games can be viewed here. Altho this is not definitive and “cast in stone” we notice that the Ashes series dates are not correct, at the time of going to press.
Where to Watch Sports in Chipping Campden
The main venues available in Chipping Campden are as follows: –
- The Volunteer Inn, Lower High St., Chipping Campden which has 4 screens and hosts an Indian Restaurant at the back.
- The Red Lion, High St., Chipping Campden has 4 screens and a large outside seating area, partially under a large awning.
- The Noel Arms Hotel, The Square, Chipping Campden, has 1 screen which it puts up for major events only, but all rooms have LCD televisions.
- The Lygon Arms Hotel, High St., Chipping Campden, has only one screen in the bar but is renowned for its coverage of racing events.
The town and its surroundings contain many first-class self-catering and B&B accommodations all of which will have good internet access and TV.
Indeed, what better way to spend your vacation than in the picture book town of Chipping Campden, with its peace and tranquillity, walks, gardens and history, all located at the top of the Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty. For more details visit www.cotswolds.com